Last updated on March 6th, 2019 at 11:12 am
Laya Health Conditions of Payment for PET (Positron Emission Tomography)/PET-CT Scan
The following criteria must be satisfied before your scan will be covered:
General conditions of payment
Benefit is subject to the following conditions of payment which must be satisfied before benefit becomes payable:
- The Laya Pre-authorisation form must be completed by the referring consultant
- All PET-CT scans must be pre-authorised by Laya Health.
- The PET-CT scan is carried out at a PET-CT facility approved by Laya Health for the purposes of providing benefit for our members
- The PET-CT scan is carried out for one of the approved clinical indications as listed.
- Refer to the General list for PET-CT referral.
Specific conditions of payment
Please refer to the list of approved PET-CT facilities below.
|Scan facilities: Approved PET-CT facilities||Hospital Type||Cover|
|Alliance Medical at Cork University Hospital||Public||Covered for PET-CT|
|Beacon Hospital, Sandyford||Private||66% covered for PET-CT|
|Blackrock Clinic, Co. Dublin||Private||Not covered
|The Hermitage Clinic, Lucan||Private||66% covered for PET-CT
|Mater Private Hospital, D7||Private||66% covered for PET-CT
|St. James Hospital, D8||Public||Covered for PET-CT
|Galway Clinic||Private||66% covered for PET-CT
|UMPC, Hillman Cancer Centre, Butlerstown||Private||66% covered for PET-CT
N.B: Please ensure that all relevant CT/MRI/Histology reports are attached as Laya will not review any request without relevant clinical data. Laya also require that you include a letter of request, separate to the LAYA form, to perform the PET/CT scan. Please indicate if the patient has undergone any chemotherapy/radiotherapy and if the patient is a diabetic as these can determine when the scan can be done.
Laya will attempt to respond to any request within 24 hours of receipt of correct submission.